Oxygen is indispensable for healthy ponds
To provide perfect pond aeration, you can choose from a range of taps, splitters, non-return valves, air stones and air hoses, available in three diameters.
- Splitters to provide aeration at several locations in the pond.
- Air stones for the optimal spread of air bubbles through the water.
Types of pond protection
You can protect your precious fish from herons in various ways
- A simple and effective method is to install an electric fence wire around the edge of the pond. Once they have been frightened away, herons and cats will never return to your pond.
- More advanced systems have a motion sensor that detects both herons and cats. A powerful water jet, a bright flash or noises then frighten off the intruder.
- A decoy heron can also deter herons. Pond netting is another alternative. It stops herons getting to the fish and they will lose interest in your pond. Netting is available in different sizes to fit all ponds.
- Reflecting daylight is also an effective way to keep herons at bay. The constantly reflecting light caused by a reflective spinner or silver ball frightens them off. A reflective anti-heron device of this kind also serves as a decorative element in your garden. Place a few floating spheres in the pond to boost the effect.